Monday, March 19, 2007

photo set: signs of spring

I've learned to shoot photos during winter months. That suited me well - lots of high contrast moments, subjects tending toward isolation, stalking the world in black & white. You know, all the introverted, reflective crap.

But now it's spring. Whole different ball game. Whole different sport.

Yesterday I tried to go out, drive around, and find some inspiration - standard winter modus operandi. I don't know about you, but I can't find frames of springtime to shoot from the driver's seat of a 2001 minivan. I have to walk. After I had come home discouraged (I never even got out of the van), I strapped my youngest to my back and we walked Liberty for 1.5 hours. Fantastic. Spring is here, and it was only by walking up to it that I got to find it.

I'm not a botanist, so I don't know the names of anything I shot yesterday. But, boy, do they look pretty!







5 comments:

jade_94 said...

These are really great. I love the colors. I love nature shots, you do some really amazing work. Keep shooting I can't wait to see more.

LaLaLouie said...

i love it!

Landon Whitsitt said...

Thanks y'all.

~ courtney ~ said...

and I'm sure sweet baby j got just as much out of the adventure as did his papa ...

Lenora said...

Everything looks great. Saw your work on Imagekind.